Ingredients: (Yield: 1 qt.)
- 1 pt. Distilled white vinegar
- 1 pt. Filtered water
- ½ cup Kosher salt
- ¾ cup Granulated sugar
- ¼ cup Coriander seeds
- 2 tbsp Red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1-2 Star anise pod(s)
- Combine all ingredients and stir/whisk/shake until the salt and sugar are completely dissolved.
- Add the ingredient to be pickled to a container (preferably a mason jar) and pour the pickling solution over until completely submerged.
- Cover tightly and keep refrigerated for at least eight hours; 72+ hours for best results.